Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Be Mine

I have seen a few banners like this one on Pinterest so I wanted to make on of my own for Valentines Day. It was so simple. I started with the hearts from an old deck of cards.  This deck was missing cards so it was a perfect recycled project.  I used my 3 hole punch and punched the corner of the card at the bottom of the punch. Then I flipped it over and punched the other corner in the same way. Repeat for each card. Now that you have all of your cards ready Lay them out on a table and string them onto your ribbon.  Once they are all on space them apart so there is enough room for 3 to 5 ribbons or pieces of yarn in between.  I then used my Cricut to cut out the words BE MINE.  I found they needed to be cut in a height of 2 inches.  Attach the letters, then hang it up and you are done ;)  Oh ya if you flipped the banner over it is the paying card side.  Like I said I was missing cards so I mixed up the numbers and centered them between the valentine couple (King and Queen).  It would be the perfect banner for a valentine themed game night!

Cricut: Gypsy Font

No comments:

Post a Comment