Friday, March 29, 2013

Duck Shower Banner

The banner is my favorite element of the shower!  I have never worked with burlap, and what an adventure it was! I learned that the thick net burlap is hard to work with because of fraying around the edge.  What I did was cut my pennants.  Then I measured out my ribbon and put glue on the ribbon and then laid the top of the pennant on the ribbon.  Once it was all dry I trimmed the top of the banner.  I tried to fold it behind but it stuck out a little to much for me.  Then I assembled the rosettes and centered them on the pennants and added the letters in the center.  I thought about centering the ducks but they looked funny so I had the ducks "float" on the rosettes and I was done! 
Cricut:
New Arrival- 3" Duck front & Back
Mickey Font- 1 1/2"
Stampin' Up!
Polka Dot Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz-
Rosette Die


No comments:

Post a Comment