Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Day!!!

I am so Blessed to say I have the best dad in the world!  Many say I am a lot like my dad and looking at this picture I can see why.  I have to say neither of us was nervous, we just spent our time walking along the path talking about who was there and how pretty it was.  Happy Father's Day Dad!  I just wished everyone was as blessed as my brother and I growing up with a dad like ours!

I loved this card.  My dad loves being on the water.  Growing up any nautical thing made me think of my dad and his service in the Navy.  His joy in life beyond taking pictures is being on the Delta on his sail boat.  So when I remembered I had this paper it was PERFECT!  I just cut the paper to center around the anchor.  Then I stamped the saying onto white paper and punched it out using the XL Decorative punch.  Due to the colors I needed something to blend it in so I sponged the edges and lightly sponged the center.  To make it stand out I used a dimensional on each end.  So Simple, Yet So Dad!!!
Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Delightful Dozen
Punch: XL Decorative Punch
Paper: Retired Nautical Expedition

No comments:

Post a Comment