Monday, June 4, 2012

Zebra Purse

I love this purse!!  What can I say?  It is just so much fun!  This purse is the second purse I made of this type.  The first one is for Nicole's shower and you will see it soon.  The one thing I learned is that when making 3D boxes I need to remember to use a thicker paper.  So when I made this purse I die cut the purse with black paper first.  Then I cut the zebra print with the die cut.   I cut off all of the outer parts to the purse and only kept the center.  I even cut off the top flap to keep it black.  Then I glued the zebra over the black die cut.  This left the purse extra strong and the sides black.  Once I had adhered it together, I glued on the stone to add her hint of red.  Once this was all dried, I adhered the side tabs to create the purse and glued on the handle.  I learned that for favors glue holds better than adhesive.  You never know how warm it might be on the way to the party or how rough people are going to be when putting the candy in the favor ;)
Stampin Up!
Die Cut: Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment