Monday, October 1, 2012

My Wedding Invite

Before I started this whole process I knew I wanted to have the pocket invite.  So when I found the company Cards & Pockets I knew they were the one.  So I mailed away for a sample of the folder and the colors I thought I wanted to use for the wedding.  It was really neat the company sent me swatches of the 10 colors I wanted to look at for only about $0.15 each.  At first I was not sure if I wanted to have a blue or brown folder or outer or return envelope.  These samples were great!!!  I went to JoAnn's with the samples and tried to make the best paper match I could.  The real adventure started with the paper sale!  Mom and I sat there trying to figure out how much paper we would need for EVERYTHING.  We made our best guess and then bought all they had and ordered the rest.  Wow was it a lot of paper.  

I started with the basic folder and the Save the Date.  From there the craftin' began.  I took a basic one from the computer and began to make it my own.  As I did I cut my paper from 12x12 to 8 1/2x11 for the printer.  That was only the beginning of the challenge.  I got the map off the River Mill website including directions from different directions.  The Accommodations were a few places we found near the venue and my parents house for out of town guests.  The blank looking blue card is the return envelope.   Each R.S.V.P card was personalized to the recipient and there was a line for them to check their food choice.  With the number of people this was a polite way to say no children and or bringing extra guests.  If it was a married couple it said Mr with a line for his name and a space for him to check his box and then Mrs. and the same.  I was shocked and glad that it worked so well.  We only had a few who were confused.

Hope you enjoyed today's wedding post.  Tomorrow begins the actual Wedding Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment