Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wedding Seating Chart

Today is my last wedding post, or at least for my wedding ;) Over the last few months a few of my friends are getting married.  A few asked with all of the people at our wedding how on earth did we seat them without going crazy.  Well this chart is how!  A good family friend gave me the sticky note idea and I took it to the next level with the colors.  Go figure!  For the River Mill I had to have a picture with a list of names.  So I took their room map for our wedding and projected it on a board and traced the board with the same numbering of tables.  Then there was no mix up in where what tables went and who sat at them.  We generally had the tables designated by work, family, church, friends ...   Then I used clear colored post it notes using certain colors for certain foods (Beef- Yellow, Salmon- Pink, Chicken- Blue and Pasta- Green).  Then as I received the RSVP cards I wrote names on the post it notes.  If I knew where they were sitting I posted their note on the table.  If I did not I was able to put the put the notes to the side and attach them when I knew.  It was great as I went because I could easily move people from table to table if I needed.  This saved me huge headaches, lots of time and many tears!!!  Thanks for the suggestion Shirley!  

No comments:

Post a Comment