Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Uncle Jack

There is so much to day about this card!  Lets start with Happy (posted a day late) Birthday uncle Jack!!!  Every week my aunt is so good about bringing us FRESH eggs from Uncle Jack's chickens.  So in honor of the chickens I started my hunt to find a chicken punch art I had pinned on Pinterest.  Once I found it the fun began. I decided to have a blue card for the sky.  Then I added some green grass that I sliced to give it texture.  After that I attached my chicken (detailed directions below). To top it off I added a embossed sediment next to my chicken to make it special for Jacks Birthday!  I hope he likes his sleepy (from too much cake) chicken card!
Stampin Up!
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Punches: Lg Scalloped Circle, 1/2" , small heart,
Circle, Little Labels set (square- for beak),
Itty Bitty Shapes set (circle- black of eyes), (cross- for feet)
Like I said I got the orginal punch chicken from Pinterest and from there I made a few changes to make her mine ;)
I started out by punching out a yellow Lg Scalloped Circle.  From there I punched out 2 small hearts for hands.
Then it was onto the eyes.  I used the 1/2" punch for both the white eye balls and the yellow eyelids (that I cut in half).
To get the black of eyes I used the circle from the  Itty Bitty Shapes set and then covered it with my previously cut
circle eye lid.  Then it was time for a beak.  You could cut out a small square if you wanted, but my goal  was to use
all punches so I punched the orange using the square from the Little Labels set.  Last but not least I used the
Itty Bitty Shapes set cross to give me cute little feet to look like he was walking in the grass.  I wanted to
give her a bow, but I know my uncle Jack would have said that the bow was a little girly for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment