Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Megan

I have to start by saying sorry to all who look at this blog often.  September is quite the birthday month for my family and friends.  So with that said tomorrow is my little cousins Megan & Jake's Birthdays!  Since they share a birthday (and are siblings) I feel it is only fair that Megan (the older) get her post first.  After seeing a post on Facebook about Megan asking her dad for a orange shirt as she watched the SF Giants game I had to mess with dad a little and make the kids gifts Dodgers blue :)  Ok so at 3 she will never know why everything is blue but you have to love my family and our jokes.  So like I said I wanted to make the card blue so I started with a blue background embossed with the chevron folder.  Once that was done I started to work on the rest of the spinner card.  I started with the Take a Spin stamp and punched it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch.  Once that was done I cut a 3" piece of blue and then backed it with a piece of white.  Now to attach the spinner.  I made a small hole in the center of the circle and then pit the spinner through.  I wanted it to stand out so I used dimentinals to pop it up.  Once I was done I added the pink on the birthday part to make it a little more Megan.  To prove a card is never complete after I took the picture I decided it needed bling so I added pearls to each corner of the blue backing (not the card).  I hope she has fun with the spinner and her blue gift!!!
Stampin Up!
Stamps: Take a Spin
Punch: 2 1/2" Circle
Big Shot: Chrvron Embossing folder


No comments:

Post a Comment