Saturday, April 21, 2012

Uncle David

I made this card to send to my cousins last week after the passing of their dad (and my uncle David).  I wanted something that was a little more subdued in colors, but not sad.  When I found this paper I knew it was exactly what I was looking for in a background. Then I decided to punch the cream paper using the Eyelet Boarder to give it a softer look.  Then I used the Language of Friendship bird as my main design.  I realized that since the bird, wing and twig are all on the same stamp the build a bird punch would have helped to make the card a little cleaner.  I had to color each part with a pen and then make sure the stamp is clean to do the next layer.  I also would like the punch because the wing could have been layered with a dimensional.  Then I added the sediment on the Decorative Label.  To finish it off I distressed the edges of the label and puffed it to stand out.
Stampin’ Up!
Punch: Eyelet Boarder, Decorative Label (needed Build a Bird)
Stamps: Language of Friendship & Whimsical Words

No comments:

Post a Comment