Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday Grandma

Happy 100th Birthday Grandma!!!  OK so this card is not exactly how I imagined it would be.  I hate it when that happens.  I am not sure what I pictured, but I was having a hard time getting there!  As I sat down to create it I could not focus on both 100 and birthday.  So this became my creation.  I wanted to pattern it out, but I also thought with Grandma's eyes the solids would be best.  I started out with scalloping the edge of the red to add a more fun boarder.  I then attached a blue square in the center as my backing.  To soften the white I rounded the corners and attached it flat.  To make the 100 I used the candle and 2 balloons and colored and cut them out.  To pop them out I used a dimensional behind each piece.  I still felt like it was missing something, so I added the tag.  I hand colored the stamp to make it more fun!  Just for Grandma I added the bling!  I hope she is excited to get it in the mail.  Without grandpa there I hope it adds a smile to her face.    Even more I am just so glad I get to celebrate with her tomorrow!!! 
Stampin' Up!
Punch: Small Tag, Scalloped Boarder, Corner Rounder
Stamps: Party This Way, Happiest Birthday Wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment