Friday, May 11, 2012

Posy or Butterfly?

I love this card  I saw it at a Stampin' Up! craft day.  My friend Charlette at http://www.charlettescreativecorner.blogspot.com/ brought it as the card we would make at her table.  I liked it so much I had to run out and get the butterfly punch.  Yes it is most likely this card that prompted the butterfly class.  My altered card is on the right.  I shortened the green to go up about an inch from the bottom of the card so you could see the white.  To the bottom of the green I added the Eyelet Boarder in pink.  Right before I adhered it down I used the XL Decorative Label to punch into the top of the green.  If you would like the CONGRATS to be puffed up up can punch it out of white and used dimensional.  I liked how Charlette made it under to help the flowers stand out.  After the punch I adhered it out to the white card.  Now onto the flowers!!!  This part was so much fun, and I am sad to say that this butterfly punch will be replaced in the new catalog with a different butterfly ;(  SAD DAY!!!  You will use the butterfly punch to punch out 4 butterflies in white.  Then use your thumb to press the center onto your yellow stamp pad to make the center a dark yellow.  Then use a sponge to sponge on the pink to the edges.  With Charlette's card we used a dark and light purple to create the two toned look!  Attach the two in the center and glue on your blig!  To make them stand out use a dimensional in the center beneath each.  To finish off the card stamp your sediment in the blank area.  I wanted to be able to use it for a general Congrats card, but after I thought it would have been a cute baby or wedding card using different colors and a different stamp ;)    
 
Stampin' Up!
Punch: Butterfly, Eyelet Boarder, XL Decorative Label
Stamps: Tagtastic 

No comments:

Post a Comment